This recipe features a deals on found at Weis Markets this week. In addition to being easy, this meal is also very inexpensive. It makes 4 servings. I used beef cubes that were on sale for $1.75, Carrots that were free, Campbell soup that I paid .35 cents for. All other items were pantry staples.
1 1/2 lb Beef Cubes – Frozen
1 box of Honey Glazed Carrots
4 medium sized potatoes
1 red onion (or the onion your prefer)
1 mixed seasoning – (we grow our own herbs and then freeze them for future use – in this particular recipe I used Thyme, Dill and Basil) – you can use a dried Italian Seasoning
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
Either 3/4 cup of water or beef broth
Optional Ingredient Not Show Here: Celery
1. Put one can of cream of mushroom soup into crock pot. Fill mushroom soup can half way with water and add to to crock pot. Stir to mix. Turn on crockpot.
2. Chop Red onion and add to Crock pot. Stir to mix in with soup. It should look a little something like this .
3. Add frozen carrots to the soup and onions. Mix. (You can use fresh carrots if you choose, but this makes it very easy)
4. Chop potatoes. Here is where you recipe can vary. I like to make this as simple as possible. I put my potatoes in right away. I like my potatoes very soft. Some people don’t. If you prefer your potatoes firmer, wait til the last 2 hours to put your potatoes in. Add potatoes now or later to crock pot.
5. Add seasoning to crock pot. If you have a premixed dried Italian seasoning, that works well. Mix well.
6. Add frozen beef cubes to the crock pot. (Your beef cubes do not have to be frozen. I buy alot of meat in bulk and freeze- and they work well in recipes like these frozen. Feel free to use fresh beef cubes as well!) Add 3/4 water or beef broth and cover beef with soup mixture. Add salt and pepper.
7. Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8-10 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste when finished.